Ref:
Date:
Location:
Photographer:
Board Meetings

Board Meeting 12th December 2006

Present Claire Belshaw (Acting Chair), Agnes Dickson, Robbie Mackenzie, Don Campbell, Patricia Filmer-Sankey, Ted Matheson, Patricia Robertson, Davy Robb, Marianne Hutchison, Claire Ford, Ailsa Spindler, Peter Hardwick

In Attendance Derek Louden (DM)

1. Apologies Mick Blunt (JMT)
2. Minute of 7 December 2006 Proposed by Ailsa, seconded by Ted.
3. Election of Office Bearers
Chair – the only nomination was Claire Belshaw, proposed by Patricia Filmer-Sankey, seconded by Agnes Dickson
Vice Chair – It was agreed to have 2 Vice Chairs. Agnes Dickson and Robbie Mackenzie were proposed by Don Campbell and seconded by Ted Matheson. There were no other nominations.
Company Secretary remains Douglas Graham of Macleod and MacCallum in Inverness.
Correspondence Secretary – Davy Robb volunteered to do this. All agreed
Minute Secretary – Later on in the meeting Pat Robertson agreed to do this.
Treasurer – Ailsa Spindler was nominated by Agnes Dickson and seconded by Ted Matheson. There were no other nominations.

Assynt.biz
Robbie Mackenzie was appointed as a director of Assynt.biz. The board were asked to think about other members of the community who may be willing to serve on the board of Assynt.biz and who could be appointed at our next meeting.
It was agreed that the Chair of Assynt.biz would be invited to all AF board meetings.

4. Induction of new directors
Claire explained Bill’s CD which contained many of the important documents such as Mem and Arts, Deer Management Plan, Protocols,
New directors were asked to approach any of the “directors in charge” with their questions after having read the CD.

5. GCA- Growing Community Assets
The GCA bid for funds to refurbish the lodge was explained. The outline proposal form had already been submitted and we had had an informal indication that we could proceed with the full application. Figures and papers were circulated. Neil Gerrard of the CLU was coming up on Monday the 18th of December to help explain the application process.
Energy Saving Trust- EST did a full energy audit on the lodge on 8th Dec. A report will be produced.

6. Directors in Charge/Sub groups
Lodge – Agnes Dickson in charge, plus large group.
Stalking – Robbie Mackenzie in charge, Bill Ritchie.
Housing – Peter Hardwick in charge, Claire Ford, Ted Matheson, Don Campbell, Alastair Macaskill
Renewables – Ailsa Spindler in charge, Claire Belshaw, Robbie Mackenzie, Claire Ford, Ted Matheson, Hilary Macdonald.
Land management – Davy Robb in charge, Claire B, Robbie, Bill, Don, Marianne.
Communications – Patricia Filmer-Sankey in charge, Agnes, Pat, Davy, Claire B.
A general protocol for all subgroups will be drawn up by Pat R and Derek. Action Pat

Christmas Party – 20th Dec. arrangements were discussed

7. Next meeting – Thursday 11th January at 7.00pm in the office.

8. AOCB – Scatterlights coming on 20th April to Lochinver. Book the lodge for that night. They were very interested in the Assynt music project.
School Christmas parties – Agreed to make donations of £50 to Lochinver and £25 to Stoer
Front road – there had been comments made at the AGM on the state of the drive. Robbie would recommend what could be done. Action Robbie.