Ref:
Date:
Location:
Photographer:
Board Meetings

Board Meeting January 2012

Minutes of Assynt Foundation Board Meeting
16 January 2012
Glencanisp Lodge, Lochinver


Present: Patricia Robertson, Chair, Andy Summers, Fergus Stewart, Bill Badger,
Attending: Adam Pellant, Jane Tulloch, Alastair Macaskill, Russell Robertson.

Apologies: Jacqui Yates, Helen Steven, Stephen Smith.

Meeting began 2.15pm

Declarations of interest: None

Minutes of last meeting: Andy proposed, Fergus seconded. Minutes approved.

Matters Arising

Hydro: Russell reported that the contracted feasibility work by Mott MacDonald is nearly finished. There is a site visit on 9 February with Highland Council planning dept and SNH. Adam is currently working on a LEADER application for funding for a staff post to develop the hydro project.

Russell left meeting 3pm.

Ledbeg House: Jane has had a quote from a joiner who visited the site. One other quote still required and a list of what needs to be done. May require a separate roof report.
Action: Pat to contact roofer.

Church of Scotland/Glebe: Adam and Helen met with Graeme Muckart, Convenor of the Church of Scotland. It is likely that the Glebe will go on sale, and the Manse be renovated by current occupant. At present we have restricted access rights and we require the right to upgrade and repair the road. A site visit is arranged for early February.

Forest Plan: Robin Noble to arrange meeting with John Risby and any bodies who may be able to support us in respect of the potential problems with the contract.

AGM: Will be held in February after accounts finalised.
Action: Jane to distribute Doodle Poll with preferred dates.

Biz Matters: Alastair Macaskill:

Board and staff welcomed Alastair back to his first meeting since his recent illness. Alastair is keen to progress certain projects including croft creation and biofuels.

BioFuels: Alastair has had tentative discussions with UHI with regard to a possible academic study.

Crofts: Alastair would like to see progress on croft creation at Elphin on an agricultural basis. Action: Adam to enquire re grant aid available for feasibility study.

Stalking Report: John Cullen reported.

Staff Report

• The quad and both argos now fixed and back at Glencanisp. Now waiting for new pickup to be available for collection.
• Funding to be sought for a variety of upcoming and potential projects. Action: Adam and Bill to compile a list of grant and fundraising requirements.

AOCB

• Possible idea for an eagle feeding station to enable spectators to view birds. Requires further discussion.
• Fergus proposed we better exploit the Estate resources re firewood. Income could be generated from wood on the hillside.

Meeting closed 4.30pm.

Next meeting: 9 February, 4pm, Glencanisp Office.