Board Meeting December 2012
20/05/13Minutes of Assynt Foundation Board Meeting
20 December 2012
Glencanisp Lodge, Lochinver
Present: Helen Steven (Chair), Fergus Stewart, Clive Sheppard, Andy Summers,
In attendance: Jane Tulloch, Adam Pellant, Sarah Corkish, Russell Robertson, Ellen Moxley, Viv Halcrow, Paul Gallagher
Meeting began 4.05pm. This was intended as a short, informal meeting with no official agenda. Full agenda to be covered in January.
1. Apologies: Patricia Robertson, Stephen Smith
2. Declarations of interest: none
3. Minutes of last meeting: to be carried forward to January
4. Action on matters arising:
• Insurance: Stewart Hill will now take responsibility for insurance matters, and will be making a visit in January to review assets, etc.
• Walled Garden: Stewart Hill has now produced a comprehensive leaseto be signed by new tenants.
• Marketing: Helen and Jane outlined the ongoing marketing issues with our branding specialists and HIE. Ongoing.
John Cullen gave a short presentation outlining stalking facts and figures over the season, resulting in an overall 30% increase in revenue from last year.
Decision taken: AF will pay for stalkers clothing, boots etc from now on.
A further discussion took place in relation to the ongoing log building difficulties. Big Lottery Fund (BLF) have asked AF to submit detailed information including professionally produced costings as part of a request for a variation of grant, on the basis that they consider our proposed project to have changed significantly since its approval.
Action: BLF to be invited to visit the site at Glencanisp and AF to lodge a formal appeal against their decision.
Russell gave a short update on hydro matters. A meeting has been suggested in the New Year with LEADER and CES. Agreed to progress the project with other funding and cease negotiations with LEADER.
Meeting closed 5pm, followed by:-
Paul Gallagher, Environmental Surveyor, gave a comprehensive report on his recent habitat survey of Glencanisp. Full report and mapping can be viewed at the Assynt Foundation office.
AGM: Will be held on 14 February 2013. Venue to be confirmed. [Lochinver Village Hall since decided.]
Date of next meeting: Wednesday 16 January, 4.30pm, Glencanisp Lodge.