Board Meeting September 2013
18/10/13Minutes of Board Meeting of the Assynt Foundation
12 September 2013, Glencanisp Lodge, Lochinver
1. Present: Stewart Hill, Chair (SH), Clive Sheppard (CS), Jeanette McCarthy (JM), Nigel Goldie (NG), Andy Summers (AS), Helen Steven (HS)
In attendance: Jane Tulloch (JT), Adam Pellant (AP), Sarah Corkish (SC)
Fergus Stewart (FS), Brendan O’Hanrahan (BOH)
Meeting began 7pm
3. Declarations of Interest
AP – Forest Plan.
4. Minutes of Last Meeting
HS did extend apologies. Noted.
Proposed: NG, Seconded: CS. Minutes approved as amended.
5. Actions and Matters Arising
Grazing leases: Ledbeg – ongoing. Drumrunie – Figure agreed. Agreed to allow tree planting.
Action: JM to speak to BOH about acreage of Ledbeg grazing area.
Crofting Community Consultation: ongoing
HSCHT: awaiting decision re: empty home scheme.
Electricity: Action: Finalise date for local contractor to do the work. JT to send contact details to Nigel.
6. Financial Report
As per AP report.
Notes: RBS arrangements to be discussed.
Helicopter payments: SC to chase.
7. Log Building Update
As per NG report.
Studio prefab arrives 25 September.
Action: NG to put ad in AN to invite community to put forward ideas for use of the studio beyond the uses already planned.
Action: NG/JM to put insurance in place for log buildings. Insured through Carbonlite until delivery.
Discussion re VAT issues took place. AF have 30 days to appeal HMRC decision that studio would not be granted zero VAT rating as community facility.
Action: NG to send documentation to SH
Action: SH to contact John Thurso to assist.
Site clear up very important now. Offer to sort timber put forward by contractor. Agreement that not necessary to make money, break even will do.
Turf: An area at Ledbeg good area to take strips for roof. Approved.
9. Forest Plan
R Noble now finished. Thanks minuted. AP now to pull it together and format. Public meeting to take place late October with 28 days given for receipt of comments.
Action: AS sort out date for public meeting and put advertisement in AN.
Mott MacDonald to be funded by CARES loan to revise cost and income forecasts for a maximum capacity of 1.3MW, to avoid £3.2Million line rebuild cost. Meeting then to take place with MM in attendance.
SH has been approached by various interested parties to progress the hydro project. Discussion took place. Agreed to accept offer of leading UK hydro firm to conduct fish survey without obligation.
Report read out from Gordon Sleight following excavations at Ledbeg.
Community member questioned length of time housing issues ongoing. Action: HS to contact Church of Scotland again.
Meeting ended 7.45pm.
Date of next meeting: Tuesday 15 October, Glencanisp Lodge. Finance meeting.
November meeting to be held in Community Room. Action: JT to book hall.