Ref:
Date:
Location:
Photographer:
Board Meetings

Board Meeting Sept 2014

Minutes of Meeting of the Board of Directors
3 September 2014
Arts Building, Glencanisp

Meeting began 5.20pm.
1 Present: Stewart Hill, Chair (SH), Nigel Goldie (NG), Helen Steven (HS), Andy Summers (AS), Jeanette McCarthy (JM).
In Attendance: Ken Hamilton (KH), Jane Tulloch (JT).
2. Apologies: Brendan O’Hanrahan (BOH)
3. Declarations of Interest: None
4. Minutes of Last Meeting: Proposed: HS, Seconded: JM. Minutes approved.
5. Actions and Matters Arising
Action from August Minutes:
Arrange Ted’s tree ceremon - Choice of dates given to Jane M by HS.
SIS loan holiday - Set for October-March. TBC.
RBS overdraft increase - Further info to be forwarded to RBS
New accountancy software - Ken / Adam – ongoing
Robertson Trust - AP to go ahead with Application
CALL financial set-up - Ongoing
CALL – staffing pressure/cost concerns - Ongoing
Ledbeg House – permission from SIS - Clearance now received from SIS and HIE. Four expressions of interest. Action: AP to draft holding letter with invitation to see round by appointment.
– EGM venue/date - Assynt Centre, 6 November 2014. Action: JT to check centre availability/book and put posters around village. AP to contact members, write formal EGM resolutions and send. Include request for ideas for 10th Anniversary. Wine to be served.
Ledbeg Sale GANTT Chart - Complete
Crofts - BOH to contact Planning Aid
Tin Bothy - Assessor to visit within 2 weeks.
Glencanisp Planning - Brendan to purchase map tiles
Studio - NG speak to AP. Decision: First year rent free.
Finishing works on arts building - Ongoing
Action: JT to forward job descriptions to SH for JT, JC, AP.
6. Financial Report and Project Update
As per Report.
Action: KH to propose to SH further work to be done on finances, SH to forward to HIE for extension of contract.
7. Requested Croft Lease
Unable to discuss without AP and BOH. Action: BOH to send holding letter to applicant.
8. Hydro Update
Meetings have taken place between Gilkes and SNH, and Gilkes and SH. SNH raising issues with Bryophytes and as such Gilkes are considering their options due to the increased risk. If Gilkes decide not to progress, AF could go for planning without Gilkes, which, if it fails, the CARES loan would be written off. If it succeeds, Gilkes may wish to come back in. There may additionally be ways of mitigating bryophyte loss. Ongoing.
9. HIE Visit
JT, NG, HS and KH will attend HIE meeting on 12 September. Following a strongly-worded letter to AF from Hughie Donaldson, KH met with him, and reported this to be a positive meeting. SH read out a letter of response, which was agreed by the Board.
9. Away Day Action Sheets
Action: SH to consolidate lists.
10. CALL
Public meetings currently taking place around Assynt.
11. AOCB
• A business plan has been received from a member of the community outlining plans for a business venture on AF ground, near the existing Arts Studio. The plan was met with positive feedback.
Action: NG to speak to applicant, further discussion to take place.
• The tenants of Gardeners Cottage have given Notice to Quit at the end of October. JT and JC have ideas for how the property could be used going forward. Property will be inspected for damage under terms of lease.
Action: JT, JC and AP to put suggestions forward on paper for next Board Meeting.
• A regular guest made several suggestions as to how to improve the lodge. All of those suggestions have been implemented except for the purchase of new shower heads.
Action: JT given permission to purchase new shower heads.
• AS will be stepping down as Director at the next AGM. Imperative to recruit new directors.
• Action: Agenda item for next meeting: New Directors.
12. Date of next meeting: 9 October 2014
EGM: 6 November 2014
Directors Meeting: 13 November 2014
Meeting ended 8pm.