Board Meeting January 2015
Minutes of Meeting of the Board of Directors
8 January 2015
Assynt Arts Studio, Glencanisp
1. Present: Stewart Hill, Nigel Goldie, Brendan O’Hanrahan, Jeanette McCarthy, Andy Summers. In attendance: Adam Pellant, Jane Tulloch. Apologies: Helen Steven, Ken Hamilton.
2. Declarations of interest: None
3. Minutes of last meeting: Proposed: JM, Seconded: AS. Minutes approved.
4. Actions and matters arising
Express Fund: application for grant to fund improved accountancy software in process.
Away day actions list: ongoing.
Ledbeg House sale: Letter sent to interested parties. Deadline to be set (23 January) then estate agent to be engaged.
Decision on boundary for sale: done.
10th anniversary subgroup: members suggested. Ongoing.
Volunteer ideas: See HS report.
Site clear-up/volunteers: NG ongoing.
Assynt News: Bill Ritchie / Claire Belshaw help offers progressing.
Drumrunie Plantation: discussions taken place about deer damage reduction for Woodland Grant Scheme closure.
HC Local Plan consultation period: ongoing.
HC budget proposals consultation period: ongoing.
Drumrunie grazing lease: done.
5. Finance report and Year End Audit
See KH’s / AP’s report.
Year End Audit: See AP report.
6. Ledbeg House Sale – See item 4.
7. Celebrating 10 years – Further discussions took place. See Helen’s report.
8. Away day action sheets – Ongoing.
9. New directors – A few suggestions put forward. Board members will approach potential new directors.
10. Sporting Rates – stalking estate business rates consultation for draft bill – Decision: keep watching progress of the draft bill. Felt likely that a charity exemption would be possible if law does change.
11. Arts Bothy – NG: The Bothy Project has applied for funding for their Pig Rock bothy initiative to be located at Glencanisp. Decision will be given in 10 weeks.
13. Date of Next Meeting: 12 February, 12 March following.