Ref:
Date:
Location:
Photographer:
Board Meetings

Board Meeting 12 March 2015

Minutes of Assynt Foundation Board Meeting
5pm, 12 March 2015, Glencanisp Studio, Lochinver

1. Present at meeting: Stewart Hill, Nigel Goldie,
By email in the following week: Andy Summers, Brendan O’Hanrahan, Jeanette McCarthy.
In attendance at meeting: Adam Pellant, Ken Hamilton.
Apologies for meeting non-attendance: Andy Summers, Brendan O’Hanrahan, Jeanette McCarthy, Helen Steven.
It was noted that while the physical meeting was not quorate, a quorum would be sought in the following week for decision points needing agreement.
2. Declarations of interest: None.
3. Minutes of last meeting: Proposed: Nigel; seconded: Brendan by email, on 19th March. Minutes approved.
4. Actions and matters arising
New Directors: Action: Stewart to contact the three potential new directors.
Business Plan: Actions: ongoing: Helen, Jane and others still to email sections.

5. Finances
See Ken’s report. Ken presented. Management account actuals not yet updated to end of February.
15/16 Budgets: Profit & loss budget and cash budget were proposed by those present for agreement. All budgets agreed by email by Brendan on 19th March and by Andy on 23rd March.
It was noted that the profit & loss budgets differ from cash budgets in that depreciation is included, capital investment is capitalised so not listed as cost, loan repayment is excluded, grants are excluded if due for previous financial year, etc.

6. HIE Meeting
Stewart updated. Stewart, Ken and Adam had meeting with consultants, organised by HIE. If favourable, a grant of around 20k has been hoped for.

7. Ledbeg House
Home report including valuation is expected soon.

8. Business Plan
Request for assistance in completing Business Plan is to be sought from Cranfield Trust. Action: Adam to send formal request.

9. AGM – Action: Adam to book Assynt Centre for 7pm on 22nd April, email members and put notice in Assynt News.

10. CALL – Project manager post is being readvertised. Hoped that Brendan will be willing to be on interview panel again. Action, as agreed 18th March: Nigel to contact Mark Foxwell to confirm this.
11. Celebrating 10 years – Those present agreed the event/s should go ahead despite wider financial uncertainties. Actions: Helen to progress with subgroup, and put together package for possible HIE funding. Nigel to make proposal for community to take some timber as part of clearance event.
12. Tin Bothy – Now being leased as workspace by local green-woodworker.
13. Walled Garden – No known interest expressed in leasing. Action: Adam to put another notice in Assynt News.
14. Arts Bothy – Bothy Project have now been told it doesn’t require a building warrant. Action: Nigel/Brendan to ask John C about location options for deer pits away from bothy site.
15. AOCB – None.
Meeting finished 6.30pm. Date of Next Meeting: 16th April, probably at Stoer Village Hall.