Ref:
Date:
Location:
Photographer:
Board Meetings

Board Meeting September 2015

Meeting of the Assynt Foundation Board of Directors
Glencanisp Arts Studio
10 September 2015

1. Present/in attendance:
Stewart Hill (Chair), Nigel Goldie, Jeanette McCarthy, Helen Simpson, Brendan O’Hanrahan, Jane Tulloch
Apologies:
Helen Steven, Ken Hamilton
2. Declarations of Interest
None
3. Actions and Minutes of Last Meeting
Payment procedures: rolled over to next meeting in Ken’s absence.
Leaflets: agreed to do a proper print run owing to problems with office printers.
Websites: Ongoing
Noticeboard photos: Ongoing
Ledbeg grazing leases: Complete
Minutes proposed: BOH, Second: NG – adopted.
4. Financial Report
See Ken’s report and lodge metrics.
Action: Adam to put VAT figure into metrics. Agreed that Jane has flexibility on offering discounted bookings.
5. Future Cash Projections and Discussions with HIE
SH attended meeting with HIE. We have now received £17k, with £10k more offered on submission of cashflow reports and projections.
6. Business Plan
HIE require a business plan showing AF's long-term viability. NG had a meeting with Amanda Bryan, a business consultant, with a view to having business plan done by her. KH has prepared five-year projections for plan. Require to propose new income streams into projection. Potential income streams for consideration include diver hide, eagle photography, Glamping, catered packages in lodge, photo stalking, woodcock shooting. Action: BOH and JV to explore woodcock option. Action: JT and AP research old woodcock activities and decisions/reasons for stopping. [Now decided against further consideration of woodcock shooting, as per Oct meeting. AP 4/11/15]
Capital receipts will also be required. Potential for self build housing, croft creation and other avenues of capital income.
7. Community Engagement & Ten year plans
Conference to be held in November [now delayed AP 4/11/15]. Potential to discuss business plan at this time. Require to mobilise political allies and encourage members to attend.
Action: Everybody. Suggestions for sessions.
8. CALL agreement
Decision: Not to sign CALL agreement until Executive Officer in place.
9. Administrative Matters:
Ledbeg House: There has been renewed interest – ongoing.
Leases: Requires further discussion.
Approach for land: Meeting with party who Jeanette had responded to re request for land, mid-October.
10. AOCB
Deer Management: BOH declared interest – is contracted to work with WSDMG on deer management plans and reports. The board recognised BOH’s contribution and agreed that he will not be excluded from deer management discussions but will not take part.
11. Date and place of next meeting: 15th October.
Meeting ended 8.10pm.