Board Meeting September 2008
10/10/08Minute of meeting of Directors of Assynt Foundation held in the office at Glencanisp on Thursday 11th September 2008 at 7.00pm
Present Don Campbell (Chair), Patricia Robertson, Robbie Mackenzie, Davy Robb, Stephen Smith, Claire Belshaw, Colin MacDonald
In Attendance Adam Pellant (Project Officer), George Farlow (Highland Councillor)
1. Apologies Tony Usher, Fergus Stewart, Mark Lazzeri
2. Minute of 14th August Proposed by Claire seconded by Colin
3. Matters Arising
Notice Board has been purchased and will be put up by Davy Action DR
Horse box – still to be readvertised Action ML
Ledmore – a meeting is to be arranged with the people of Elphin and Knockan
Trials Bikes – Details are still being discussed re area and frequency of use.
4. DM report – none, ML on leave
5. PO report – Design team tenders closing date tomorrow. Directors will meet early next week to look at them.
Log course – first phase will take place during the first full week of October. (Has now been put back to end of Oct/early Nov AP)
Davy to check what logs are needed for this. Action DR New Year lettings – to be left to Assynt.biz
Policy on vehicle use for stalking and fitness of stalking guests to be revisited Action CB
6. Garden Health and Happiness project would need appox a third of the garden. Jenny to have a new lease of the walled garden. Garden will evolve to look like one garden as originally designed with several users working together to make this happen
7. HIE – are keen to support a plan for the sustainable economic growth of AF. We are currently in discussion with them over a list of priorities for support.
8. Newsletter- Claire to collate articles Action CB
9. Finance – all well. There will be an update at the next board meeting
Kennels – issue re insurance to be checked
Provisional date of AGM 4th December 2008.
Next meeting 9th October.